TRX Flys used to drive me crazy as I could never quite ‘feel’ it working the chest.
I used to think increasing the angle to make them harder was right.
It wasn’t. Results never came.
When I stopped looking to make it harder and instead made it easier, focusing on the top mindful SQUEEZE connection and bottom stretch (BIG ranges of motion)…
It felt awesome and a light bulb went ting!
If like me you struggle with TRX Flys? Try these two tips below (technique explained below vid)…
- Focus on bringing the elbows together at the top with straight arms.
- Really push them together and feel how much more extra SQUEEZE you can achieve.
- Why? The chest muscles work to bring the arms across the body too. We keep tension on the chest muscle by doing this.
- We lose tension on the chest muscle if we focus on bringing the knuckles together, arms bent.
Try it now as you are and compare the SQUEEZE.
- Really stretch and open up the chest at the bottom.
- Stay there and feel that burn as the stretch increases. Then contract (squeeze) up.
- In my experience, this is where and when the results really happen. With BIG rages of motion from stretched to powerfully contracted.
Change your mindset of what’s possible with a TRX!
I recently had an awesome and mind-blowing (their words not mine) discussion on how I build muscle without a gym using a TRX, with Ali and Max from Total Fitheads Podcast. As the Americans say, getting jacked with a TRX.
Let’s get to it!
Here’s to your Fitness Freedom!
Adam ‘the squeeze’ TRX Traveller
Pin this post for later…