Napa cabbage, along with bok choy is one of the popular cabbage vegetables in mainland China. Other multiple benefits are:
- Packed with anti-toxins such as carotenes, thiocyanates, indole-3-carbinol, lutein, zea-xanthin, sulforaphane and isothiocyanates
- These anti-toxins can help protect against breast, colon and prostate cancers and help reduce LDL or “bad cholesterol” levels in the blood.
- Great source of folates such as folic acid, one of the building blocks of DNA. Thus helping against neurological diseases.
- Full of vitamin C
- Packed full of Vitamin K. Vitamin-K has a potential role in the bone metabolism by promoting osteotrophic activity in bone cells. Therefore, enough vitamin K in the diet makes your bone stronger, healthier and delay osteoporosis.
- It is a very good source of electrolytes and minerals
- Very low in calories
So smash some Chinese cabbage