Burning fat and building muscle at the same time is always difficult
Top ten foods from each category that burn fat and build muscle.
Eating enough calories to gain muscle but not to many to retain as fat is merely a case of trial and error. Along with variation depending on the type of training you are doing.
A key time to burn fat is in the morning, over night your body burns up the carbs it needs to and then converts the remaining it doesn’t into fats to store.
When you wake in the morning your body does not have access to carbs, or very little depending on the type of meal you had before bed time. Therefore it turns to fats. Your training will be harder and at first you wont be able to do as much if you’re used to regular evening training. But over time your body will adapt and begin seeking out fats as a source of energy as appose to carbs. Torbjorn Sindballe, triathlon champion, dished out an interesting debate here behind the science of fat burning: http://triathlon.competitor.com/2012/06/nutrition/inside-triathlon-magazine-fat-burning-machine_31034
Top fat burners
Here are some of the top fat burning and muscle building foods from some of the big body building experts. (Sourced from a variety of blogs from professional body builders and collated below.)
- Oatmeal (old fashioned)
- Brown rice (a favorite is basmati, a long grain aromatic rice)
- Sweet potatoes (almost same as yams)
- Multi grain hot cereal (mix or barley, oats, rye. titricale and a few others)
- White potatoes
- 100% whole wheat bread
- 100% whole wheat pasta
- Beans (great for healthy chili recipes)
- Cream of rice hot cereal
- Salad greens
- Peppers (green, red or yellow)
- Egg whites (whole eggs in limited quantities)
- Whey or Casein protein (protein powder supplements)
- Chicken Breast
- Salmon (wild Alaskan)
- Turkey Breast
- Top round steak (grass fed beef)
- Flank Steak (grass fed beef)
- Lean Ground Turkey
Eating a variety of these foods in your diet will aid you in your training goals.