Cholesterol crushing Chinese cabbage aiding in weight loss, reducing hypertension and risk of heart disease
The EPIC health benefits of eating Chinese cabbage. Napa cabbage, along with bok choy is one of the popular cabbage vegetables in mainland China. Other multiple benefits are:
- Packed with anti-toxins such as carotenes, thiocyanates, indole-3-carbinol, lutein, zea-xanthin, sulforaphane and isothiocyanates
- These anti-toxins can help protect against breast, colon and prostate cancers and help reduce LDL or “bad cholesterol” levels in the blood.
- Great source of folates such as folic acid, one of the building blocks of DNA. Thus helping against neurological diseases.
- Full of vitamin C
- Packed full of Vitamin K. Vitamin-K has a potential role in the bone metabolism by promoting osteotrophic activity in bone cells. Therefore, enough vitamin K in the diet makes your bone stronger, healthier and delay osteoporosis.
- It is a very good source of electrolytes and minerals
- Very low in calories
So smash some Chinese cabbage