Aside from your standard protein there’s a lot more to be gained from some un-assuming foods
Ten weird foods that build muscle.
- Salt – Draws fluid into the muscle which is essential for growth
- Ostrich – High in amino acids and low in calories
- Tumeric – Curcumin in Tumeric stimulates cell growth in muscle tissue
- Wheatgerm – Source of chromium which pushes calories into muscles
- Watermelon – Reduces post gym soreness
- Watercress – Alleviates the stress on your body from intense training
- Sunflower seeds – huge protein per gram ratio and stimulate anabolism (a form of nerve communication to stimulate muscle growth)
- Papaya – Papain an enzyme in Papaya helps your body absorb proteins
- Peas – Pea protein packs a serious hit of amino acids
- Tahini – Sesame seed spread is jam packed with zinc which aids muscle growth and recovery.