When the winter sets in stick to these foods to aid in keeping your health in fighting form for Santa
Ten festive foods to booster your immunity defences.
- Artichoke: Stimulates bile from the liver clearing out toxins and cholesterol.
- Kale: Still around… Huge vitamin A RDA keep those toxin snaring membranes in your throat in full working order
- Horseradish: Ten times the detoxing glucosinolates of broccoli it’s a liver cleansing beast.
- Probiotic yoghurt: Team player bacteria beefs up immunity and constitution
- Red onion: Vitamin B6 and flavanoids that dilate your blood vessels, aid with hangovers.
- Lime: Alcohol ravages your bodies vitamin store, the vitamin C in lime will boost this whilst you’re at the bar. Leave some out for Santa
- Popcorn: Nails free radicals and contains a higher amount of polyphenols than many fruits.
- Pineapple rings: Anti inflammatory bromelain and high vitamin C combine to make it a sore throat cure.
- Duck breast: 45g hit of protein along with selenium and niacin will help stray off headaches.
- Dark choc: 90% and over bar are packed with anti toxins and the high cocoa will lift your spirits on gloomy days.