What’s the best TRX exercise for the back? In my opinion… there isn’t one. It’s impossible.
The back has A LOT of muscles. A criss-cross-mish-mash spider web. Hitting them with one exercise, one range of motion angle, won’t really cut it…
So we hit them with three!
Perform one after the other no rest…
VID 1 – TRX T BAR ROWS
Sides of back – 10 reps
- Lead with the elbows, drive them down and back close to the body. Focus on trying to wrap the elbows around the back of the body at the top contraction and SQUEEEEZE. 🎥 28sec
- Big stretch of the muscle at the bottom to a powerful shortened contraction squeeze at the top. If comfortable – don’t be scared to stretch at the bottom and take the lat muscles through a big ROM. 🎥 17sec
VID 2 – TRX HIGH ROW
Mid back – 8 reps
- Lead with the elbows out and away. Then focus on the wrap-around at the top for super SQUEEEZE. Elbows just below 90 degrees. 🎥 1:08
- Same stretch/contraction as above, full ROM 🎥 1:00
VID 3 – TRX Y’S RETRACTED
Upper back – 6 reps
- Normally we PROTRACT (round the shoulders forward) to isolate the mid and rear shoulder muscle, removing the upper back muscles…. 🎥 1:46
- …this time it’s the opposite (RETRACT), push the shoulder blades back and focus on squeezing the upper back muscles to cause the movement. Engage and buuurn those traps. 🎥 1:52
TEMPO FOR ALL:
- 4 sec downward
- 0 sec pause at the bottom
- 1 contract upward
- 2 sec squeeze at the top
40 sec rest with side stretching and hands forward stretching.
Try the TRX Workout Quiz and find the right TRX workout Program for your fitness goals
If you give this a try? Let me know how you get on in the comments below.
Stay safe stay healthy!
Pin this post for later…