One Band Exercise to Develop a Wider Shoulder Physique. BAND UPRIGHT ROW. Let’s hit the rear and middle shoulder muscle for that POP!
- Bend slightly forward at the core *refer to 9secs in.
- Wide 90 degree elbow grip.
- Shoulders slightly protracted (pulled forward, rounded). Why? To help stop the upper back muscles helping out.
- Focus on an external arm rotation at the top (rotating knuckles up) *refer to vid 18secs in. THIS IS KEY!…
- …don’t just pull up, pull and externally rotate up.
- Don’t go so far down that tension is lost on the band and thus the muscles. Pull up before.
- I prefer to look down as the mind-muscle connection is better. I find looking up engages my upper back muscles, taking load from the shoulder muscles….
..this is individual preference. Find the comfort zone and…
Keep the entire body solid as if stood in stone.
The only muscle we want to initiate the movement are the rear and middle deltoid.
No swinging, no jerking.
Quality not quantity
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 1 sec super hard external rotation pull at the top
To make it easier place the band under one foot *refer to 40secs in
Checkout The Band Muscle Builder Program….
… I developed it specifically as a PUSH – LEG – PULL split to exercise the entire body in a 1m2 space anywhere 💪
Stay safe stay healthy
Pin this post for later…