ONE ARM TRX Curls for EXTRA bicep squeeeeze. Why do this over the standard TRX two hand curls?…
- It allows a larger range of motion specifically at the top of the curl with regards supinating the wrist outwards (pinky up) and raising the arm.
- Mind-muscle connection development. It allows some SERIOUS squeezing and focus on the bicep muscle at the top of the exercise.
KEY POINTS BELOW
The full range of motion (refer to vid 22 secs in) achievable when contracting the bicep muscle is from a straight arm knuckles up through to an arm bent, raised and pinky twisted up…
… the more we can place tension on the muscle through a full range of motion the more opportunity we have for better development.
This One Arm TRX Curl is good for:
- When a plateau is reached and more frequency is needed with an additional intense exercise
- You’re looking to improve the mind-muscle connection and work on the squeeeeze
- As a finisher to an arms day if you feel there’s still unused muscle fibres in the tank
When one arm is curling the other arm is straight tricep contracted hard using the TRX handle to do so (refer to vid 15 secs in)…
..Because this keeps the non active bicep muscle in a stretched position keeping tension on it, not allowing it to rest until we curl it again.
Really over accentuate each curl at the top by twisting the pinky right up and raise the arm (refer to vid 29 secs in).
Spend a second or two at the top focusing on that squeeze. Looking at the bicep muscle. Talk to it in your mind – tell it to grow!
Training on the @tygermat.us (https://tygermat.com/discount/trxtraveller1) – James the founder has Kindly given me a discount code to share which gives 10% off!…
…should you want a TRX’ing mat to record stance with grip? Use code TRXTRAVELLER1 at checkout: https://tygermat.com/discount/trxtraveller1
Stay safe stay healthy
TRX’ing in: TRX Traveller Studio (https://trxtraveller.com/trx-pt/), London
P.S. Do you want the ability to achieve your fitness goals anywhere
So did I…
That’s why I developed the TRX Fitness Freedom programs
Pin this post for later…