Eat walnuts to improve your ‘nuts’ and a multitude of other nutritional benefits
The nutritional benefits of eating Walnuts.
- Your Nuts: Keep em fighting fit. A study published in the Biology of Reproduction found that men who ate 75g of walnuts a day had stronger, healthier and better-shaped sperm.
- V’s & M’s: Packed with vitamins B6, manganese , folate and thiamin.
- Brain food and essential oils: Joint easing Omega 3’s and and 6’s for cell growth, immune function, blood clotting and disease prevention. ALA (omega 3) also aids brain health from motor and behaviour skills to reference memory.
- Lowering cholesterol: Consuming 2 to 3 servings of walnuts daily decreases cholesterol levels sufficient to lower the risk of CHD (coronary heart disease)
- For hair: Containing vitamin B7 which strengthens hair and nails.
- Walnuts in Pregnancy: Believed that walnuts may stave off nausea during pregnancy and boost brain development in the child.
- Preventing cancer: Consuming walnuts regularly could even reduce the risk of breast cancer in humans, indicated researchers at Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology. Due to their antioxidants, and phytosterols values.
- A warning though… Despite so many health benefits of walnut, it is best to be careful on the amount and frequency of walnut consumption. That is because walnut is high in oxalates and oxalates contribute to kidney stone formation.