If you have chicken legs? I can relate. I’ve been placing large technique mastery emphasis on developing mine. I believe they’re growing. And it’s mainly down to this one TRX squat technique (plus superset add on at the end)…
TRX Very Close Stance Squats. They develop the outer quad muscle (sweep) giving the leg an aesthetic wider look.
2 key technique points make this exercise effective below…
*** If you’ve ever wondered “are TRX Traveller’s Workout Programs right for me?” Download the free 64pg TRX BEACH BODY Sample Program to find out: https://trxtraveller.com/free-trx-beach-body-sample-program/ ***
- Don’t lock out the legs at the top, keep bend – 00:15 in vid
- Straightening the legs means the inner quad muscle (teardrop) takes the load away from the outer quad muscle.
- Constantly push the feet outwards against the floor – 00:20 in vid
- This will also keep the load and emphasis on the outer quad muscle. Place the mind in the muscle and focus on feeling the outer quad contracting to cause the movement.
- Pause at the bottom for a second. No bouncing.
SUPERSET ADD ON
- Immediately after, shoulder-width squats – 00:37 in vid
- Here, we do focus on the top contraction squeeze and powerfully contract the quads for 2 seconds. The outer quads are tired so we allow the other quad muscles to help out.
- Keep pushing feet outwards, always.
- 4 sec downward
- 1 sec pause at the bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward
- 0 sec pause at the top
I hope this post on My No.1 TRX squat technique for chicken legs (+ bonus superset) was useful? Always here to answer any questions in the comments.
Stay safe stay healthy
Pin this post for later…