As with any supplement knowing how and when to use it to gain maximum performance is key.
Creatine how and when to use it
Initial Loading phase
- Typically up to 15 grams of creatine each day for 5 days
- This is a quick way to get your body stores up
- Split this dose over the day, three times a day at 5 grams each time
- Do not exceed 20 grams a day
- Start of slow, first day 5 grams (split over three doses), second day 10 grams (split over three doses), third day 15 grams (split over three doses)
- After 5 days of loading moving down to 2 – 3 grams a day
- Maintain this for a period of maximum 8 weeks, we would recommend 6 weeks for first timers
- Then take a weeks rest
How to take the creatine
- It is most effectively absorbed with an insulin spike
- Take it with juice, orange, citric, easily absorbed carbs etc.
- Don’t take creatine on a empty stomach, it may cause upset
- Don’t take to much at once, it will be difficult for your body to handle, always small amounts three times a day.
Finally, a good place to get it at good quality is this one from Myprotein Creapure (creatine monohydrate) this stuff gets great results and is one of the purest on the market so you don’t get and bad toxins etc within the making process.