How you lift depends on your goals
The benefits of Slow reps vs fast reps.
- Lifting slowly prolongs muscle tension and increases blood flow.
- Therefore, slow reps are intended to grow and build muscles.
- Fast repetitions will minimise tension and lifting with heavier weights can bolster your overall power and strength.
- Focus on doing slow reps if your goal is to build a muscular and aesthetically pleasing physique.
- If you are training strictly to add strength, concentrate on lifting with fast repetitions.