If like me (chicken legs), you’re looking to tone, build or shape the legs? These are the techniques for you.
Are TRX Squats Effective? – 3 Ways to Squat (Suspension Training at Home). We’re getting a little advanced here. But, master them and the transformational possibilities are HUGE.
Key technique points below video.
00:25 TRX Narrow Quad Squats
The outer quad muscle for leg shape and width
- Feet close together. Constantly push the feet outwards against the floor all the time. Up and down. To place all the load on the outer quad.
- Don’t straighten out at the top. This allows the inner and central quad muscles to be involved, taking the load away from the outer quad.
02:10 TRX Quad Squats
Inner and central quad muscles for thickness and definition
- Feet close together and lean forward slightly over the quads.
- Constantly push the feet outwards against the floor all the time. Up and down. However, this time straighten out and the top and SQUEEZE super hard for 2 sec.
03:55 TRX Hamstring Squats
Hamstrings and glutes for stability and shape
- Wide stance. Toes slightly pointed outwards.
- DON’T JUST SIT DOWN, pull the body down by squeezing the hamstrings. Imagine trying to burst a big ball between the ankles and glutes….
- Pause at the bottom. Contract the hams and glutes to stand up. Don’t lockout at the top, keep a bend in the knees and squeeze the glutes and hamstrings super hard for 2 sec.
06:05 Ineffective squats that most people do
- 4 sec negative
- 1 sec pause at the bottom
- 1 sec contract
- 2 sec top squeeze (except TRX Close Stance Squats = 0 sec)
TRX Close Stance Squats are my fav. Which do you favour?
I hope this post answers the question Are TRX Squats Effective? Showing the 3 Ways to Squat effectively with Suspension Training at Home.
Pin this post for later…