The top seven foods you should stock up on and why
7 foods that help endurance.
- Sun dried tomatoes: Packed full of iron. Which helps more oxygen get to your muscles. Just 30g contains 1/2 of your RDA.
- Turkey meat: Your muscles secret weapon. Turkey contains large amounts of Beta-alanine. They cut through lactic acid allowing you to push harder for longer.
- Beetroot: Bursting with nitrates. It regulates and increases blood flow by triggering the release of nitric oxide. Found to improve endurance by up to 20% more (University of Exeter.)
- Pomegranates: Not only do they pack a powerful anti-toxin punch. To flush out the free radicals released when your body breaks down all that protein. They are also high in polyphenols. Which has been shown to cut muscle soreness and inflammation from training. Preparing you for the big day.
- Orange Juice: The old vitamin C english breakfast favourite. Increases the amount of oxygen boosting iron you absorb by almost 10%.
- Pickles: You loose a lot of electrolytes in training especially leading up to the big event. Pickles such as gherkins are packed full of electrolytes to re-fuel your body within those few days before the start line.
- Bananas: Yes the old myth is true. They have been proven to be just as beneficial to stamina as sports drinks. But without the added chemicals, bad sugars and price tag.
- Finally a big winner for us: is to stock up on some my protein pro-long. Its packed full of BCAA (Branch chain amino acids) which your body eats up through long endurance. They are essential to maintain protein synthesis and reduce catabolism. Musclea can often be broken down as a source of energy during prolonged exercise. Also Pumped full of electrolytes, along with your three essential types of needed crabs. Tri, gly and mono. Some of the best petrol you can buy for your body.