3 TRX Shoulder exercises to build width and shape. @Lucyoshea, @_mikegruber, @Mr.longa, @richiemurphy and @tiago.cabrita requested a workout to target shoulders.
I’ve found most people tend to have well developed front shoulders (anterior deltoid) from various pressing exercises.
It’s the middle (lateral deltoid) and rear shoulder muscle (posterior deltoid) which are often under developed.
Targeting these has posture and healthy shoulder girdle strength benefits but also creates a 4D aesthetic look from side on.
Also known as the ‘horse shoe’.
It’s an area I’ve been focusing on with these types of TRX exercises as my ‘horse shoes’ are more like ‘toddlers shoes’
This mini shoulder workout develops the middle and rear deltoid to achieve the above.
Perform the exercises back to back as a giant set no rest between exercises.
40 second rest between sets
- A1: TRX PRONE FLYS (OVER-HAND GRIP)
- A2: TRX PRONE FLYS (HAMMER GRIP)
- A3: TRX PRONE FLYS ISOMETRIC HOLD (HAMMER GRIP)
- 3 sets 12-15reps
- final exercise hold the Isometric for as long as possible
- Keep the range of motion short, this ensures a constant tension is placed upon the shoulder muscles
- Don’t relax at any point, keep the shoulder muscle and your entire arm contracted throughout
- Squeezing the TRX handle/strap hard will help with this
- Slight bend in the elbow
- Contract shoulder blades back throughout
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 0 sec pause at top
If there’s any TRX exercises you’d like to see or area focus – just hola in comments
Pin this post for later…