If I could only do 1 TRX abs exercise for the rest of my life, it would be this one for 3 reasons – TRX Supermans. They allow…
- A thoracic extension at the top (📹vid: 20secs), so we stretch the abs muscles.
- And complete short contraction (THE SQUEEZE!!!) at the bottom (📹vid :15 secs).
- meaning biomechanically, we take the ab muscle through their entire range of motion. From lengthened to contracted. No partial crunches or leg raises.
If there’s only time for 1 TRX abs exercise in a workout? I’d advise mastering TRX Supermans.
TRX TECHNIQUE TIPS
- Don’t overextend the spine at the bottom stretch, just a slight curve is enough to lengthen the ab muscles.
- The contraction and squeezing DOES NOT stop just because we reach the top of the exercise. At the top, we pause and violently squeeze the abs as hard as possible and then extend back down.
- Don’t look to create too much of an angle to make it harder. Spend time mastering the movement and powerful contractions, placing the mind inside the ab muscles to feel the stretch at the bottom and the squeezing burn at the top….
….only when this is ingrained should intensity be increased
- 4 sec downward
- 1 sec pause stretch at the bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward
- 2 sec squeeze at the top
Have you tried these before? And did you relax at the top and not squeeze super hard?
It’s an advanced level focus technique, but worth trying and feeling to progress.
Pin this post for later…